It is without a doubt the most important artistic and architectural monument in Verzuolo.
It is on the site of the ancient chapel of Santa Maria and has a valuable facade dating to the end of the 18th century.
This beautiful example of Piedmontese Baroque, constructed entirely in exposed brick, was built between 1685 and 1691.
A worthwhile stop on a day’s walk is Elva, a small town nestling in the mountains of the upper Maira Valley.
The Sanctuary of San Magno rises up on the traces of a Roman temple (ara) dedicated to the god, Mars, protector of soldiers and farmers.
Situated in mid valley, along the road which leads to Elva, the church sits on a rocky spur which looks out over the road below.
The construction of the building began in 1491 and terminated in the first years of the 16th century.
Sorry, no Tweets were found.
visitmove.it - Comune di Saluzzo - p.iva: 00244360046 - email@example.com - Co-finanziato con il Fondo di Sviluppo e Coesione PAR-FSC 2007 - 2013