Hans Clemer in Celle Macra
Celle Macra, a small town linked to the history of the anchovy traders, is the custodian of a work of art of rare beauty in its Parish church: the altarpiece of Hans Clemer.
The famous “maestro d’Elva”, an itinerant Flemish painter in the valleys of the Marquisate of Saluzzo, produced, in 1496 one of the most precious works on wood of Piedmont Gothic art. In the interior of the church there is also a Gothic baptismal font by the Zabreri brothers and a canvas by Francesco Gonin.
It is also worth noting that, not far away, there is a small chapel dedicated to san Sebastiano, where the late medieval frescoes of Giovanni Baleison depict the scene of the saint’s martyrdom. On the sidewalls are scenes from Dante’s Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso.
visitmove.it - Comune di Saluzzo - p.iva: 00244360046 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Co-finanziato con il Fondo di Sviluppo e Coesione PAR-FSC 2007 - 2013